Wednesday, May 26, 2010

Well that was fun

I haven't updated in a couple weeks, but I really didn't have too much to say. I've been having all the normal morning sickness, and exhaustion most people experience in their fisr trimester. But, no real complaints, I've just been so happy to be pregnant. Starting about midnight on Monday I started throwing up a lot. At first I just thought that morning sickness was really kicking my ass that day. But into the afternoon I still couldn't keep anything down, not even water. My sister was sick also, so I thought I'd just caught a bug. I called my OB, and I just thought he'd probably call me in some antinausea meds, but they told me I had to go to the ER for some fluids. I waited a couple more hours to go and ate/drank something hoping it'd stay down. When I didn't, and I started to have a little cramping I finally agreed to go. There is absolutly nothing I wouldn't do to make sure that the baby is okay. When I got there my blood pressure was really high, and I also had a UTI. They gave me fluids, blood pressure meds, zofran, and IV antibiotics. The blood pressure meds instantly made me feel hot, dizzy, and like I wanted to crawl out of my skin. I've never felt like that before. Tim grabbed the doctor and they gave me some IV benadryl. I don't know if it helped, but it knocked me out. We got home about 10pm and I went right to bed. I slept like a rock all night. This morning I still feel really wierd and a little out of it, like I just want to sleep all day. So that was our adventure last night...
I am 10w4d today and had my first OB appointment last week. I loved him and the office they are all really great. They were really interested in our IVF process, and treated me like a "special" patient. Our next visit is at 12 weeks, we have an NT scan and will get to hear the heartbeat with the doppler. I can't wait, I feel like that visit will be a huge milestone for us.

2 comments:

  1. Yikes. Hope things get better soon, let me know if you need help with the morning sickness...I know everything (wink, wink)!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Poor Jenni! So glad you went to the ER! Who is going to be your OB?

    ReplyDelete